Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Ship's Basin

I spied it from across the thrift shop.  It was hidden under a table behind a box, but I saw the rim and thought  - enamelware!


This is how I first saw it - a brass drain pipe sticking from its bottom.  I could not think what the purpose could be.

Unless ...


YES!

I have only seen a couple of these, but YES!  It is a wash basin from a ship's stateroom.

The thrift shop manager confirmed it - the man who donated it took it from a friend's yacht.

How grand!

In Horror Monster's outdoor living section, I found the perfect iron stand for it.  I only had rusty bed springs to put in it for the photo.  I was waiting for paint to dry on another project and just threw these in.  The basin would be perfect in the yard or in the house.  Or in my case in my booth ready to make someone's day!

See y'all!



Aye, aye, Captain!







 




Follow Me on Pinterest

Come party at Sunday Show Off at Twigg Studios!


One More Time EventspartyMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaThe DIY Dreamer

10 comments:

  1. How cool is that! It looks like they just drilled a hole into an enamel basin like the one that I have. I wonder if it is the same kind of basin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You really lucked up on having a stand for your basin. What a fabulous find you have there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! I think I would put herbs in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice find!! I love enamelware also and have a really neat large platter I scored for only a couple bucks!! I love the sink in the stand..looks like a perfect fit ;)
    Cindy @ diybeautify

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love seeing something unique and new to me. Ships sink. Great find, good hunting. A bird bath came to mind - rocks for perches, but then, would it slowly leak water... Lots of possibilities.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really a neat piece Donna. I should really make someones day. Great find.
    Blessings,
    Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this Donna! I've never seen one before. The basin and stand look like they were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never seen on of these before! Too cool! The stand worked out perfectly. I'm sure it won't stay in the booth for long!

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would never have known what that is! Guess I need to get out on yachts more!! What a fun find! And of course you found the perfect stand for it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a nice and perfect combination. I love the uniqueness of the piece

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!