Sunday, September 8, 2013

Miss Bat Lady's Baskets

  Miss Bat Lady has many events planned for this season and is preparing for all the fun projects she wants to do.  First she has created treat baskets for those special in her life.

No, you have not fallen into the pages of a children's book.  I was just captivated by this image from Karen at The Graphics Fairy and had to use her.

I took Miss Bat Lady over to Pic Monkey and added "Come fly with me" and some color.  Then printed the images out six to a page and distressed with a brown ink pad.

Yes, of course, she became a tag!





Baskets bought at a yard sale (Read Two Blocks of Bargains here!) became the treat baskets.  I started with twelve, broke the handle off one, and lost one.  So I am down to ten.  A nice even number.

I did find the eleventh one.  Willie, the dog, had absconded with it and put it in his bed.  He is not one to miss out on treats.











 Originally I was painting the outside black and the inside purple and wrapping the handles with torn cotton ribbons.

I was just too lazy and ended up painting all black.  Though I did do the slap and dash distressed look on the baskets.












I cut apart two idiot bushes from the Dollar Tree and wired the purple flowers up the handles.




















 Here are the Miss Bat Lady images before cutting them out, distressing them and making them into tags.













 I used bags of the kraft  brown shredded paper for the inside to carefully hold the treats.

HINT:  The brown kraft paper shred is $1 a bag at the dollar store, but only $7 for a huge bag of it at Staples in the mailing section!

Here they are all gathered ready for me to put treats into them for a photo shoot, but I forgot to buy treats to put into them.

Use your imagination.

Your rich, dark chocolate imagination!





Miss Bat Lady is proud of her treat basket and is ready to fly away with some special person.

Yes, I am slightly batty today!

I have a truckload of items to clean and paint.

But no, I sit here in front of the computer writing a post.

Avoiding the hard work.

Do not claim you have not done this!

See y'all!






 

REMINDER:
You will have to visit Inspiration Cafe on Tuesday where my post will be kicking off the Junkin' Jewels series.














Inspiration Cafe's Junkin' Jewels



Follow Me on Pinterest

Sweet Anne Designs - Sweet Sharing MondaypartyThe Graphics FairyMy Uncommon Slice of SuburbiaLavender Garden CottageIvy and Elephantsvif187PhotobucketcraftionaryLavender Garden Cottage

9 comments:

  1. So nice! I started reading the post wondering how in the heck you were going to get that image onto the side of the basket, but of course you found a much smarter solution. Love it...even better with treats inside~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these Donna! That tag is fabulous! I bet these fly right out of your shop! The Sunday post is up my friend! :)

    Blessings, Vicky
    Life On Willie Mae Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Miss Donna;
    Do you and Chucks get many Trick or Treat kids?
    Obviously those Baskets would be Beautiful to pass out Candy with!!
    I Love what you did with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love all your tags and paper items in the booth. Oh my goodness at the talent you have. You may want some copies out of an antique garden book I have. It has awesome insects. xo, olive

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I love your tags..always! Bat lady is no exception! Besides gesso...I forgot to tell you that I also purchased a few tags to mess with! You have really been on my mind this last week particularly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO Cool!! The Miss Bat Lady image is great, by adding it to baskets as a tag you have made it grand. What an original way that would be to receive treats. Love and pinned! ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool Donna, what is an idiot bush, I am very intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute, Donna, love that great vintage graphic!!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading all of your comments and will always answer with email. I will try to track you down if you show up as a "no reply" commenter to let you know. Friends are like that!